Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Can you believe it?

I have a 3 year old. I HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD!!! I think I'm still in denial. Macey, is not. She kept telling me that it's her birthday today and she is "THREE YEARS OLD"!


I asked her what she wanted for her birthday dinner (secretly hoping the answer would either be pizza or a quesadilla {Cafe Rio})... she promptly told me she wanted to go to "McDonald's Happy Meal". Haha. Crazy girl. But what baby wants baby gets! So when Randy got home from work we took the birthday girl to McDonald's.


After she was done (on her own time, mind you...
it can't be OUR idea to leave) playing it up, we went and got her cake and ice cream (and my cadbury eggs, and root beer, and popsicles.. wait, what was I talking about again?) and came home for a nice little birthday party. Usually I am a party planner... I'm all about the full on birthday parties and making fun cakes... but pregnancy just does something to ya, besides make you fat. I had no motivation to do any of those things. Good thing Macey is an easy little girl to please. We had some friends over and ate cake and ice cream, let her open her presents, and called it a night.


Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and calls! We feel the love!

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Every time I see pictures of Macey I can't believe how big she is!! WOW! 3! So crazy, I knew her birthday was in March but it seems strange March is already here! Happy Birthday Macey!

Gerb said...

Happy birthday to one of the cutest little people I have ever set eyes on!

(Besides my own wee ones, that is... you understand.)

The Bowldens said...

i cant believe shes three! her hair is so long and she looks like such a big girl! i remember her being just a year old! shes so beautiful!!!! i cant wait for your little boy. they're the best!

LaFam said...

Happy Birthday Macey! You will have to tell Tyler all about being three, it's his turn next month!

Aunt Heather

Camille Kinghorn said...

Wow I can't believe it either! She is so cute!! Happy Birthday Macey. How are you feeling? It is getting close!

Shalean said...

Macey Moo, where are you? I love that you are 3 now and so grown up! You will be such a great help for you lil brudder! My favorite memory of you is when you would stomp your foot at Grandma Judy and she would jump in her chair and make you laugh! She was so sick at the time, but some how you always brightened her spirit!

Judy Sledheads said...

Happy Birthday Macey!! I can't believe how grown up she looks in these pictures! She looks like she is ready to be a big sister! Sounds like you had a great day!! Mate says Hi! Macey!

Marcy said...

She's a DOLL! What a big girl, glad you had fun!

SladeMomma said...

Your 3-year-old is a beautiful little girl. My own 3-year-olds were balls of energy and sometimes little terrors. Is yours?