Sunday morning Randy got up and made us a nice breakfast of pancakes, bacon and eggs. Then Macey and Collin got to see what the Easter Bunny brought them. They were both less than enthusiastic, especially Macey. She had stayed up late Saturday night playing with cousins Blake, Ashley and Mate (Nate). And she's a little grumpy in the mornings even on a good day! We all had a good laugh over her 'excitement'. After breakfast the crew got their gear packed up and took off before the morning session of conference started. We were so beat that we fell asleep after the first speaker! I didn't wake up until the whole morning session was over... woops! I'll have to catch up with the Ensign next month, but I sure did like President Uchtdorf's talk! :) After we all woke up and got going again we decided to keep it a low key Easter. None of us got dressed until I announced it was Easter Egg Hunting time, then Macey asked if she could get in her pretty dress and if I would do her hair "like this" (she spins her finger around, ringlet style). Grandma Bunny (Bonnie) sewed Macey 2 cute dresses and gave them to her just before Easter! Macey has been in heaven just staring at them, waiting for an opportunity to wear them. She looks so cute in them, thanks Grandma Bunny!
Here are pics of the big Easter Egg Hunt. This year was SO fun with Macey. She really got into it. We had hidden 13 eggs outside, and she found every one of them without much help from us! Collin had about 5 eggs inside to find... he didn't really care about them... until Macey (unbeknownst to me) opened an egg for him under the table... then he decided that maybe Easters really is something he's interested in.
Collin putting an egg in his easter basket. This is about as excited as he got.
Showing her favorite egg.... pink, with sparkles.
Collin quietly devouring his loot under the kitchen table.
5 comments:
Cute Pictures! We knew Macey would get into the idea of Easter once she had a chance to wake up! Thanks so much for letting us stay!! It was so nice to break up the trip home!!
You kids are just so darn adorable! I love Macey's ringlety hair and even more that she requested it-so cute!
I have heard that Hotel Slades is the best place in town to stay:) Can't wait to try it out AGAIN in a couple of weeks;)
That is so cute that she wants to be pretty for her easter egg hunt! Looks fun!
Cute, Cute, Cute. I love the ringlets...I love frilly little girls! And Collin is hilarious under the table.
Post a Comment