Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Collin's Room.

Remember this post? Well, I finally got around to doing something fun with his room. It started with this fab bedding I found at Target. It's toddler bedding, and that crib converts to a toddler bed so I figured, why not? I need some color up in this hizzy!

After I got the bedding my mind was filled with ideas. Finally, I decided on going simple and cheap and painted a horizontal stripe. A green one. I *love* decorating with green. It's my go-to color. Randy was hesitant, he thought I should do a burnt orange. And I'll admit, it probably would have looked cool.... but I would have gotten sick of it in .2 seconds. Same with blue, since we already have a blue room in this house.

After I painted I got out my ribbon. My 2nd favorite thing to decorate with. Oh Tai Pan, how I love you and your ribbon. I just accessorized a little with putting some more fun colors on the hanging lanterns and on the lamp shade and on the "C". I was surprised at how much it changed the life of the room! It's so happy and colorful now.  The pictures don't give it justice. At all! It's definitely brighter in person.



I free handed these and cut them out by myself. :) How cute are they? I'm all about the cheap and easy!
Eventually I will take out the recliner and put in a cute bookshelf or something.


Now I'm on the hunt for a cute car to put on his white shelf. Will it ever end? :)

3 comments:

Shalean said...

I really love the green stripe! Oh I wish you lived closer so you could decorate my house! My fabric from Hobby Lobby is still in the bag and has no intentions of coming out until you come back into town! Memorial weekend right?:)

Natalie said...

designing cool graduation announcements, re-finishing old furniture, making super awesome b-day cakes, sewing your own skirts, and now re-doing bubbas room...is there anything you don't do?

Judy Sledheads said...

Looks awesome!! I agree with Shalean you need to live closer and come and some color and pizazz to my place!