Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Easters

Wow, doesn't take much to get behind! While I have a minute (banished the kids outside) I figured I better update now or it may never get done!

This year we went up to Logan and spent Good Friday and Saturday with Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa Larry. Randy's sister Lisa and her family came up too and we had a party! We had a yummy Easter dinner followed by an epic traditional egg hunt! Randy remembers he would ask his friend that lived across the street to watch out the window while his parents hid the eggs and then tell him (Randy) where they were. HAHA! I'm so not surprised.

After Saturday's festivities we headed back home.

Saturday night I was up late playing Easter bunny and loving it. I took pictures of what the kids woke up to. Mostly dollar tree crap and Target deals... but the kids of course loved it! Does anyone else remember the egg bubble gum? Oh my favorite!

For church Sunday we went and visited our old Provo ward, for a farewell of one of Randy's old young men. He was one of the youngest when Randy was YM President, so it was SO crazy to go and see how grown up everyone is! We both were a little misty eyed when we left, that ward has a special place in our hearts. We loved serving with the youth and are so grateful that they keep in touch with us. Matthew is going to Anaheim, California and will be an amazing missionary!

When we got back from the farewell we had our own Easter dinner of ham, funeral potatoes, rolls, salad and for dessert snowballs that I made into bunnies. Snowballs is a Slade holiday tradition, it's just vanilla ice cream rolled up into balls and then rolled in coconut. SO GOOD. I colored the coconut and made some ears for the 'bunnies'. Macey loved it!

I'm mad the pictures of Macey in her dress and Collin in his cute shirt didn't turn out, so I'll probably do a re-do soon. I loved their outfits!

 Youngest got to go first. Collin has an innate sense of easter egg hunts. He knew exactly what to do.

 Macey spotted her first egg!
 Collin would run up to the egg and would yell "GOTCHA" when he would drop it in the basket.

 Macey showing her prize- the last egg of the hunt.






2 comments:

Shalean said...

so funny DaNae! I get the egg bubble gum every year too! It was my favorite growing up and there is no way I am depriving my kids of such goodness:)

Such cute Easter outfits! Love the dress! Costco?

Lauren said...

They look so cute! Purple was a good choice!