Saturday, November 15, 2008

Deep thoughts...

So, as I'm sitting here enjoying the feeling of those first little baby kicks inside my belly, I started thinking.....

when Macey was born, I got really really annoyed that no matter how much pink she was wearing, no matter how big the bow on her head was... people still mistook her for a boy.

Which led me to wonder... besides wearing blue, what could I possibly put on display if this little one is a boy?




Maybe don't answer that. :P




Edited to add:
I am now in my 19th week, and am hoping to find out the gender a day or two before Thanksgiving! It'll take some sweet talking the receptionists to get me in that week... so we'll see what happens.

8 comments:

Liz said...

Haha! Let me know if you figure out how to "accessorize" an infant boy. I still have no idea and am waiting any day now to have our little boy. I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!

Jenni said...

I can't wait to find out what you are having either! So exciting!

I love the new look to your blog as well. Very Christmasy.

SETHER+ONE said...

The same thing has happened to us. He will be wearing blue and have a blue blanket and people will ask how old SHE is. Or sometimes older people will just ask if it is a boy or a girl because I just don't think they care after a while to let you in on the fact that they can't tell. I think it's just unavoidable. So exciting that you will find out soon what you are having! Brings back such fun memories.

Cami said...

Cute new Holiday look! Did you do it with photo shop?

DaNae said...

Hey thanks! Yeah, I did it in Photoshop Elements.

Shalean said...

Cute blog do! I think it is hilarious that we both are each other's blog stalkers!! haha! I posted a comment on our best bites the other day and she came on my blog and posted!! WOW! I feel like a celebrity has just discovered me! I LOVE that site! It has changed my kitchen experiences! So thanks for the blog tip!!!

The Staheli's said...

I agree. Cute new Christmas theme. :) I've got mine all ready to go for the Monday after Thanksgiving. Haha! :P I'm excited to find out what you are having and sad that they won't push it up a little. Aw well...patience is a virtue (or something...) :D

Joel and Valerie said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!