So I'm stealing this idea from my friend Courtney. I think we all need to hear a little more about the man of my house... Randy.
1. Where did we meet?
Hoo boy. Long story. Basically, Randy and his old mission companion were cruisin' the hot spots of Provo.. y'know... Albertsons... and his companion got a look at my BFF from high school (and roommate) and thought she was somethin' else. He approached her, told her she was smokin'... and would she like to hang out sometime? His moves were just too smooth, so she said ok and gave him her number. He called later that night and said I have a friend (Randy), do you have a friend? She didn't even ask me when she told him yes. I was very mad, I don't do blind dates. Well- they ended up coming over to our apartment that night, and me being the awesome mature freshman that I was, decided to go for a run just when they were expected to arrive (I had never ran before in my life, but I desperately wanted to avoid the blind date). When I got back, they were still there. Darn. I do remember though, the first time I saw him I thought "wow, those are some pretty eyes" and "... he has something on his nose." Haha! For those of you who haven't seen Randy, he has a cute lil' freckle on the tip of his nose. I can't believe how snotty I must have looked, but for reasons beyond me (and even Randy, now that he looks back on it), he still wanted to pursue me. It was not an easy road for him. Or me. I did NOT want a boyfriend.
2. How long did we date? "officially" started dating in December of '03 (after "hanging out" exclusively for 3 months... I was in denial, can you tell?), and got married in December of '04. So a little over a year. Oh and add a 2 month "break" in there somewhere... Randy needed to take some time to make sure I was "the one". All I had to do was show 'interest' in another guy and that made up his mind. =0)
3. How long have you been married? 4 years.
4. What does he do that surprises you? Reads my mind... seriously, how can he know what I'm thinking every time?
5. What is your favorite feature of his? Those gorgeous blue eyes and loonnnng eyelashes
6. What is your favorite quality of his? Comforter, Listener, Best Friend
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Hmmm... Mommy, Nae, Nae-Nae, Nuh, Ginners, Cheeks McGrins
8. What is his favorite color? BLUE. GoooOOO COUGARS!!
9. What is his favorite food? Any kind of meats.
10. What is his favorite sport? Uhm, I don't understand this questions? SporT? How about football, basketball, baseball, hockey etc.
11. When and where was your first kiss? His apartment, during Christmas Break... the same night he told me "do you think this could be more than like?" Yeah, I know... sweet talker.
12. Favorite thing to do as a couple? Laying in bed- talking, laughing, joking until one of us starts snoring... watching movies, just spending time together!
13. Does he have a hidden talent? I don't think it's hidden, but he is an awesome natural musician. He can play the cello like it's nobody's business. Also, he would have me say that he's really good at video games.
14. How old is he? 26 for a few more months
15. Who said "I love you" first? He tried. See #11. He asked me (voice shaking) "do you think this could be more than like?" I didn't want to be the first one to say it, so I replied "I think we both know the answer." Hahaha.
16. What is his favorite type of music? If you know Randy, you know that this question would not apply to him. As long as it's not country, he probably has it on his Ipod.
17. What do you admire most about him? His will to get through school and to support our little family. He is the best daddy ever. It's about all he can take to go to school and work for the day, he hates missing out on things.
18. Do you think he will read this? No. Well, maybe... but I'll have to link our blog address to him. He just doesn't dig the blogging world.
5 comments:
I always loved that little freckle! I'm glad that's one of the first things you noticed! :) This makes me miss my old buddy! We need to come down there and have everyone get together-one big party!!! YAY!
What a guy! He is lucky to have you as well! Oh the good old times, he always always could make me laugh!!! You guys are a great couple! Ditto about the party!
Cute post! You guys are just the cutest. :D
ha ha. i stole this from my friend too. glad you took it. cute idea hu?
You know, I always wondered how you guys met. Terribly romantic! ;) I think it's a miracle anybody gets married, so I like to hear the details. :)
Post a Comment