Monday, December 22, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside...


Up here on the bench we have gotten 10 inches of snow today! We have about a foot and a half of snow right now. It has been so fun watching it come down non-stop! Our neighbor across the street couldn't even pull in to her driveway after shopping for a couple of hours, Randy and another neighbor had to dig her a path just to her garage! Macey kept asking me if we could go outside and make a snowman, but I didn't dare brave the cold today. I have been sick and didn't want to add any other symptom to my misery! I just like watching from the inside on a day like today.

Randy was really dreading coming home and shoveling the driveway and walkway after work, so I let him off the hook. I had some errands to run and I sure as heck wasn't going to drive myself around town! We are on the very border of our city's boundaries, so we kind of get overlooked when it comes to snowplowing. It's super slick out. Shoveling could wait a day. My errands could not! We were gone for a little over an hour and when we came back our driveway and even my sidewalks had been completely cleared!! We were both shocked! I had a hunch, and I was right. It didn't take me long to see my visiting teacher trying to hide her face a couple of doors down. Her husband took the day off to clear people's driveways for them, and she was out helping him. How awesome are they?! They literally saved us a couple of hours worth of work.

3 comments:

Bre said...

Sounds like you guys have the same as here in Logan! I really love the snow for Christmas though, and it is SO beautiful! We came home to a cleared driveway as well (which never happens) and I felt really guilty that I had NO idea who did it. People are so nice around the holidays, and we just might need to invest in a snowblower as well

Cami said...

Isn't it wonderful to have great neghibors? I got to shovel my own driveway yesterday. Not so fun. It only took about 3 hours.

LaFam said...

I love the snow too! I still have to dig our front door out!

Heather