Sunday, December 14, 2008

Best idea ever!


This post actually has nothing to do with that picture, but it's one of those "omigoshihavethecutestkidever" moments. We took her to Temple Square last night, she was in heaven. Can you tell?

The real reason of this post is to talk about Macey's progress in nursery. She has never, ever liked nursery. She is a super shy kid when she's out of her element, and loud kids freak her out. It doesn't matter if the kid is trying to take away a toy she has or give her a hug, she will cry if they get close. Poor thing has inherited my anxiety. Usually when she's around kids, she goes to her own little corner with some toys and plays and organizes by herself. Of course that can't happen in nursery with 15 kids running around! Just as we were starting to make some headway with her going without one of us, we moved... which completely threw her for a loop. She didn't know anyone in our new ward, and there were lots more kids! I was really concerned about it. But then our ward did something awesome... they split into 3 nurseries: one for the older kids, one for the outgoing younger kids, and one for the shy ones. Oh my gosh. I can't tell you what a difference this has made!! There are only 4 other little girls in Macey's class (I had to laugh that there were no timid boys), all super shy like her. It has been so fun watching the progress that these little girls are making together! I don't know if it's because they are not worried that they're going to get their toys taken away from them or what, but they are each coming out of their shell and becoming good friends with each other! Usually when we go to pick up Macey she'll run right to us from her little corner or from holding the hand of her teacher, but for the past month or so she hasn't wanted to leave! Last night we had our ward party and she went running into the gym saying "Mommy, I see my friends!" I knew eventually she would come out of her shell, regardless of who she was around... but this nursery class has done wonders for her!! I was talking to her 2 teachers today and they said the same thing about all of the little girls. All I can say is HALLELUJAH! I always got butterflies in my stomach when Sacrament Meeting was over, because that meant another battle (as if Sacrament wasn't enough)... not anymore! WOOHOO!! Best idea ever!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad!! That really is a great idea. Oh my gosh, that pic of Macey just makes me grin! She's adorable! I need to take my girls up there, thanks for reminding me!

The Staheli's said...

That is a FABULOUS idea!! Honestly, I would LOVE if they would do that. Avery is totally ANTI nursery. :P I'm so glad Macey is doing well with the new class! YAY! And congrats again on the boy!!