Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mommy, I don't want to poop in the tub!

This is what Macey says to me every time I tell her it's time to take a bath. We had an incident (not me, her) a couple of weeks ago, and it has scarred her deeply. I was putting away clothes while she was playing in the tub when I heard her yell out, "MOMMY, I ALL DONE!" I went to go get her and was surprised to see her standing up, arms reaching out to me with a look of terror on her face. It wasn't until I had her wrapped up in the towel that I saw the reason for all the horror. Little poop.

So this is a conversation I have with her almost daily:

Me: Macey, you need to take a bath-y.
Macey: NO Mommy, I don't want to poop in the tub-y!
Me: You don't have to poop in the tub, Mace.
Macey: Don't havta poop in the tub?
Me: No, only if you want to.
Macey: I don't want to poop in the tub-y.

And even when I coerse her into taking a bath... I hear all sorts of random things about #2:

"Don't poop in the tub-y"
"Don't poop on the ornage (orange)"
"Don't poop on the Lucy potty"
"Don't poop on Mommy's eggs (legs)"

I could go on. This kid has some serious poop issues. She's now even scared to poop in her diaper, and will scream bloody murder when I have her sit on the potty. How can I help her overcome this fear? This is going to be zero fun for potty training, which I fully intended on starting like, last month. Randy made the suggestion that I buy the book Everyone Poops. I think I may buy it, purely for the cover picture of that poor kid who is obviously constipated.

6 comments:

SladeMomma said...

I'm back, post vacationing, catching up on my blog reading. I always enjoy your "stories" and your pictures. Thanks for sharing. I especially enjoyed your wedding pictures, after 4 years. It will be 40 for us this year and I like looking at our pictures too. Lucky us to have married good Slade men!

LaFam said...

Where did you find that book? That is so funny!

Heather

Jenni said...

lol! Now I'm wondering what an apple has to do with pooping.

Gerb said...

I have all kinds of poop books you can borrow if you like - it's a little something my brother and I have a fascination with collecting. It's amazing how many there are and how hilarious they can be.

That Macey!! She cracks me up.

Bre said...

LOL! She is so funny, my nephews had some issues with going poop as well, they thought they were snakes in the toilet that were going to come up and bite his bum! LOL! So it is totally normal. I will have to find out what my sister in law did to get him over that fear, because he was a poor constipated little boy as well!

Natalie said...

So FUNNY! coelton and I are laughing our heads off. I think all of my kids pooped in the tub and the big brown turd was like a shark coming after them! The worst part is fishing it out!!
Poor Macey Moo...