Every Christmas Season we buy a new nutcracker. Randy's family did that when he was a little kid and he loved it, so we started it when we got married. Macey now loves it (we went to The Nutcracker ballet in Logan so now she is obsessed) and reminded us that we needed to go out and buy a nutcracker to put in our tree. We found this little guy at Dollar Tree. Score! The trick is getting Macey to leave him alone since he's littler than our other nutcrackers she thinks he's a doll. Oh well, if he breaks he was a dollar, right?
We had a fun time decorating the tree with our nutcrackers, and even more fun setting up and playing with the train! Look how huge Collin's eyes are in these pics... he was hilarious!!
{1st time de-railing the train.... not the last. We actually gave up on putting it back on the tracks.}
{Macey loves running along with it and singing the music it plays}
We've been enjoying our family time together. One of my favorite things to do is get out the Christmas Decorations and go to town while I sing to my Crooner's Christmas cd! So just for good measure... here is a picture of my tree this year. Yep, still rockin' the colored lights and loving it. :)
Another tradition we have is each kid gets their own little tree in their room. Here is Macey's. I think I'm going to wait a year (or two) to put one in Collin's room. He regularly crawls (army style) into Macey's room just to knock over her tree, I'm pretty sure. :)







3 comments:
your christmas tree is so beautiful!
I LOVE your tree! I have decided that I am going to have a "kid" tree in our basement and decorate it with all of their ornaments that they bring home from school and I am going to have my pretty tree upstairs! I am going to scout some deals on the after Christmas clearances. Love the idea with everyone getting their own tree. That was my DREAM when I was little. I wanted to go cut down a sagebrush but mom and dad would never let me.
Love your tree! Everything you create is so beautiful! I'd love if you could share some of that talent with me... :)
Post a Comment