It was just begging for some TLC. And for $25, how could I turn her down? I couldn't. The next day she was in my garage... where she stayed for a week. After the kids were in bed I would sneak out to the garage and spend hours priming, painting, antiquing and finishing. The whole project took a week from start to finish. It could have been a lot faster if it wasn't NEGATIVE INFINITY in my garage. But the end result was so worth it! Are you ready?! ARE YOU READY?! Behold...
Before (again... is for fun):
I know, right? Pretty much the coolest thing you've ever seen. It was a lot of fun, I think I found a new hobby to add into the mix. The lighting is awful in the picture, but I couldn't wait until daytime tomorrow to show it off! There are a few things that I learned NOT to do the next time I refinish something, but overall I'm pleased with how it turned out. The mistakes I made aren't bad enough to make me want to redo.And, just for kicks, here's the view where it'll be seen from most often.... coming in from the front door:
Ohhh I can't WAIT to spruce it up with some Valentine's Day decor! WOOHOO for a new place to decorate!



8 comments:
Awesome job! It looks great!
Looks incredible, great job!!
Wow! I like! You need to teach me how to do it cause I have a couple of those pieces in my basement that were left when we bought our house. What color did you do?
Wow, it's very pretty. Good job. Love the location.
Beautiful!!! I'm very impressed!
I love it, how fun! You are awesome, I'll hire you to do one for me! hehe!
*sigh* it's just so darn lovely I can't stop looking at it.
I'm totally impressed. That's something I've been thinking about but have never done. Who knows, maybe I'll get inspired.
Post a Comment