I love my sisters. I know everyone knows it and I say it a lot, but it's true. I feel like they have been a tender mercy to me since losing my Mom. We just know. We have so much in common and have the same sense of humor... it's a shame none of us live by each other. For that reason, we schedule an annual 'getaway', sans kids. Well, we always say no kids... but this year is the first that there were no kids! It was such a treat! Last year I towed Collin along, so I really soaked up being kid-free for a day or two. There is never a dull moment when we're together.
This year was my year to 'host'. Usually we will run a race in honor of our mom and sister, but our family is already running an ultra-marathon relay in June so I thought that would do... plus we got word that DAUGHTRY was going to be in Salt Lake! We looked up the date that he was coming and it was a done deal. Me and my sister Heather have been Chris Daughtry's biggest fans ever since American Idol. We have every song of his memorized. It's not very often you get to see a band where you love every single one of their songs! Natalie and Shalean like him, too. (Now even more!)
The concert was Thursday night. The plan was Shalean and Heather would take off from Pocatello and pick up Natalie at the airport and then head to my house so we could get all dolled up for the concert. At about 12:30 I found out that my sweet Grandma Robertson had died. She had had a heart attack about a month ago, so in a way we were expecting it... but I was still shocked. (This will be a whole other post.) My sisters were already on their way here so we decided to keep on keepin' on. The viewing wasn't until Sunday and our weekend would be over on Saturday so it ended up working out. Anyway, my sisters got here and after talking for a while we found our way into the bathroom. Heather did hair, I got out the jewelry, and we all did and re-did our make up. Have to look good for Daughtry, you know. (And we did.)
The concert was AAAAAAMAZING. Kavo and Lifehouse opened. Lifehouse was fantastic! They were great entertainers. The singer even made his way into the crowd and sang with mobs of people all over him. Too bad he went on the other side of the arena. :( Here is a picture of Lifehouse.
The lead singer was so handsome! We couldn't wait to go home so we could look him up. Haha! I loved how they would end the songs. They'd jump in the air with their guitars. Love that! We had a special view of backstage, so we could see Lifehouse before they came on. They were jumping and getting amp'd up, they looked so nervous! Very cool to see.
And then of course, there was Daughtry. What can I say? He is my favorite! I lost my voice from screaming so loud when he came out. When we came home we looked up his official website and saw that his drummer had left the band just 5 days before the concert. Crazy! You couldn't even tell. Seeing Daughtry was totally a dream come true! Especially when HE LOOKED AT ME!
Here we are before it all started. The only time we were sitting, probably. I forgot how fun concerts are. It was so nice to let loose and enjoy! If only the stupid candy nazi at the front door would have let us sneak in our purses FULL of candy and water. :)
After the concert we headed back to my house. We stayed there because Friday morning Randy walked for his graduation. It worked out perfectly, my sisters stayed and watched my kids so I could enjoy the ceremony. (Another post). Randy's parents and I watched him walk, took a few pics, and then met my sisters and my kids for lunch at the Olive Garden. Randy's brother and sister-in-law joined us, too. Once lunch was over I kissed my kids and Randy goodbye and took off driving into the wind with my sisters! We were off to Salt Lake!
Natalie's husband Joel was nice enough and comp'd us a room with all of his Hilton/Hampton points he racks up working in SLC. We checked into the Hampton Inn in South Jordan and were astounded when we opened the door to find we were staying in a suite! At first I was like, don't tell anyone, but I think the clerk made a mistake! Then Natalie figured out it was Joel being a sweetie poo. It was fab. 2 big tv's, a seperate room for watching tv, fridge, microwave, the works.
After some serious retail therapy, we came back to the hotel and decided to go for a soak. We were the only ones in there, it was great! The hot tub turned out to be really hot, so we took turns going from the cold pool to the hot tub. Here is a picture of us at our finest. None of us can go under the water without plugging our noses. I know it looks like we're flipping off the camera, but we're really doing "concert sign", which is an inside joke from the weekend.
After the swim we decided that our room was too appealing to hit up the theater for a movie. We rented Leap Year on PPV instead. Such a cute movie!
The weekend ended too fast. Randy came and picked me up Saturday morning at Hobby Lobby (doing some more retail therapy).... Natalie flew home that afternoon and Heather and Shalean drove back to Idaho. We had such a great time and made lots of memories I will never forget! Love you guys!




3 comments:
How fun! Sisters really are the best. I am glad you had a good time!!
That was awesome! You are such an awesome sister! I don't know what I would do without you! I love ya!!
You've been a busy blogger! The weekend was the best and always too short! Too bad we always have to come back to real life and be mature moms;)
Post a Comment