Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hoooly Embarrassing.

So we're at the store today, Collin's in the basket trying to maneuver out of his seatbelt and Macey is hanging onto the side of the cart trying to be sneaky and dragging her feet on the floor to slow me down (or just ANNOY me) when we pass a mom with her maybe 10 month old baby girl. The baby was totally staring at my kids and had a great big smile on her face. The mom just thought that was so cute and stopped and was all "say hi" (even though you can't talk, baby).... so I of course feel like I need to do an equivalent. It's just mommy manners, I guess. So I'm telling my kids, "see the cute baby? Say hi to the cute baby! Isn't she cute, Macey?" Macey looks over at the baby and says in a loud voice,

"Yeah, but our baby is just much cuter." 


Awwwwkward. I guess we have now entered into the phase of life where Macey is going to say really, really embarrassing things. Maybe I need to take some time and come up with an auto response in different scenarios because I seriously had nothing. I just kept walking like oooook, and we're done here. I hope that Mom didn't take it personally because her baby was very cute! And me just walking away like a moron probably didn't help her psyche! I was just humiliated that Macey had said that. HAHA. Ohhhh boy. Why do I feel like this is just the beginning....

9 comments:

The Staheli's said...

WELCOME TO MY LIFE!!! Oh my gosh...it's awful. "WOW, that guys is really FAT!" "Hey mom, she has CRAZY HAIR!!" OH GEEZE...gotta love kids. HAHA!!! :P I think it's adorable that Macey thinks her brother is cuter than other babies too. :)

Liz said...

LOL! I love it. And yes, I can totally relate to it all. Don't you love observant little preschoolers who have no filter? :) Even when it's so crazy embarrassing?

LaFam said...

AHAHA! Tyler just did that the other day. We were walking into Wal Mart and he points at this guy who was wearing a really bright shirt, walking out, and said "Look at that guy!" It wouldn't have been too bad but the guy heard him and said, "ya look at that wierd lookin guy!" I said "no, I think he likes your shirt"
How embarrasing!

The Scherbel Family said...

Thats great!

Natasha Ireland said...

so a long time ago you were asking me about a salon.... in alpine. it's enizio and on sept 24th it's a charity event for a friend of mine. you get a haircut that day and donate whatever u want..10-40$$ ++ and it all goes to alivia. call me if you wanna do it, I'd LOVE it and you'd love it. 380 0137. tell all your friends... the salon is amazing.

Shalean said...

Don't worry it doesn't get any better:) Even when their 12!! I do have to say though that I agree with Macey, Collin is way cuter:)

Bre said...

Haha! I love it! Sounds like Dax when he said hi to Jesus in front of us in line! And I was stuck there with a full cart of groceries no where to go! I just had to wait and try not to get eye contact with the scary man staring back and me and my loud embarrassing child!

Mindy said...

I'm still the mommy that says, "say hi!" (even though you can't talk, baby) It's like you said...mommy etiquette. So funny. She is my favorite even though I haven't seen her in like 10 years.

whitney said...

So funny...and awkward...yet really funny.

Don't worry, even if the mom was all offended, she'll understand in about 4 years ;)