Well, the other day I was laying down on the couch like a good mom trying to take a cat nap when Collin came up and SLAPPED Randy's giant flip flop on my face and said "SHOE"! I'm pretty sure my face was red for an hour, that thing is a boat and you know you can get a good slap with a flip flop! But oh my gosh, it was so funny slash cute. He had the biggest grin on his face. After that he ran and found the other flip flop and came over to me with raised eyebrows and big eyes again saying, "SHOE"! Haha. He was so proud of himself. I so wish I had caught that on camera. I would have won America's Funniest Videos, that's for sure.
Anyway, Randy couldn't get enough of that story. We went shoe shopping a couple of days after that happened... the plan was for me and Randy to get shoes, but Randy ended up giving up his shoe purchase so that we could get Collin these bad boys. Oh my gosh. I'm pretty sure they haven't come off his feet for 5 days. It's the first thing he wants to put on, and sometimes... it's the only thing he wants put on. :) Honestly though, I don't know who loves the "SHOES" more, Collin or Randy. Randy says he wants to get some matching shoes now. I told him that's gay. ;) (Only because he makes fun of me when I try to match our family!)
Here is a pic of Collin after I had to hog tie him to change his diaper in the morning. He immediately ran off to go put on his SHOES. Of course his hands are down there. Pretty sure it's a boy thing.
I think it's hilarious. I don't even know how he walks in those things cause we bought 2 sizes up (thinking ahead for winter and socks)... but he still is a fast mover! Just hurts more when he steps on your feet. :)


3 comments:
Awesome shoes! Color must be the "thing". Nate got black DC's with Red, Blue and Yellow all over them and ash got Black, Hot pink and white shoes for school. And they are 16 and 17 and think they are so cool too! Funny!
HAHA! Me and Nat were talking about this story over the weekend! Love it! He is so grown up in those pictures! And I love the shoes and can't wait to see Randy in his matching ones;)
Now those are some wicked cool sneakers! Obviously fabulous taste runs in your family ;)
Post a Comment