Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas.

Holy moly, I'm behind. The day after Christmas we left for Logan for a few days and then headed up to Idaho until the 2nd. We've only been home less than a week so I guess that's not bad when I put it into perspective. Oh, and I started school again on Monday so I guess that makes me pretty much amazing for posting Christmas already.

This year I started shopping for Christmas early. I got tons of bargains, so Christmas was actually cheap. I am really going to miss this stage where you can buy your kid literally anything, and they will love it. One of Macey's favorite possessions from Christmas came from the dollar store. Behold, the pink star wand (below).

Randy and I decided since we had so many presents (again, mostly all cheap that I scored on clearance or Black Friday), that Santa should drop the loot off downstairs. When it was all said and done, I'm so glad. All those boxes would not have fit in the living room upstairs!

The before photo.
Collin's pile.
Macey's pile.


About 5 seconds after those pictures were taken, we went upstairs and polished off the cookies that had been left for Santa (except for a few bites) and were asleep in about 10 seconds. It's a tradition that we make Santa Claus cookies that day and leave him some out on a plate with a glass of milk. This year we decided to make Randy's grandma's famous sugar cookies put through a cookie press. And for dinner I decided to start the tradition of making my Mom's famous clam chowder. It was delish. We also make magic reindeer food (glitter and oats) and leave out on our sidewalk for the reindeer to eat. So fun, I love seeing how into it Macey is.

With how excited she was on Christmas Eve, I thought she'd be an early riser this year. So I was surprised when it was actually Collin who woke us up at 7:30! I went into Macey's room and she told me that she was so good and never opened her eyes. HAHA! I think she had been awake for a while but was too scared to open her eyes because Santa would KNOW! :) Her face was priceless when I whispered to her that Santa had come. Ohhh I remember the feeling. Santa does not wrap at our house, mostly because he gives them the presents that you can't wrap, and I love the gasp factor when they see what he brought.

Most of the pictures of them running in is blurry, but I love this because you can kind of see Macey's ecstatic face, and see that of course, Collin went to the barbie car first thing.
Randy quickly guided him to his pile and had him open up a more manly toy.
The after photo. It was a great Christmas, and a great mess! 
Macey made it all worth it when she exclaimed "this is the best Christmas EVER!" :)


I concur. It WAS the best Christmas ever, mostly because we got up at 7:30, had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then we all took 3 hour naps at 9:30. Oh my Heaven!

No comments: