Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Decoraysh.

I took down the decorations today. I already miss it. Of course I took pictures so I can come back next year and see what I did. This year was my favorite to date!

The nutcracker tree.
 Our 2010 addition.
 My favorite glass ornament. I will cry when it breaks.
A very special bookcase. :)
My improved buffet decoraysh!
 Randy's mom gave me these nutcrackers. They are the real deal, very nice, so they are not allowed on the tree. :) Randy remembers them growing up. I *love* heirlooms like this!
 The banister with stockings. I'm so mad I didn't get one at night! What the heck!
Another fun addition: the felt mitten tree. Macey loved helping me make them.
The landing. One of my favorites to put up. I love that lil' Santa.
The kitchen is one of my favorites this year. I don't usually do anything, but this year I spruced up the lighting and hung a real wreath! It smelled so good and brought a lot of cheer into the room!
 This is a huge candle, it looks tiny in this picture.
 Christmas/Anniversary flowers. Oh so pretty.
And this brings us to our downstairs tree. This is my favorite tree because it's my sentimental tree! I started a tradition to make silhouette ornaments of my kids every year and I *love* it. Macey also adorned it with an ornament she made for me for Christmas at school and it just melted my heart. I got this tree on clearance for $7, so don't mind the Charlie Brown factor. It was the right price. :)
Our Christmas lights. Red and green. You can't see the green lamp on the other side of the garage.
And of course Collin's BYU football tree! I don't think I have any of these ornaments left. He had lots of fun playing with them and breaking them.
Macey's tree. She went through like 3 sets of ornaments this year.
This was on Macey's door. It started at 12 chains. She thought taking multiple off at a time would make Christmas come faster. Poor thing couldn't handle it!!




My house now feels very bare. Macey is already asking for Valentine's Day decoraysh. She cried when the pink tree came down and had to say goodbye to each nutcracker tonight.

4 comments:

Shalean said...

So pretty! Love your idea of the silouhette ornament! That will be so cool after a few years and you see how they have grown! I usually love taking down everything cause I feel too crammed in our house, but this year was sad. I didn't want to end the holidays!

SladeMomma said...

One of my resolutions for 2012 is to stay caught up with blog reading. I'm glad that I read yours today because your Christmas tree is wonderful! It made me feel the holiday spirit all over again.

The Bowldens said...

wow your house is so awesome! you decorate so well!

Natalie said...

I haven't read your blog for a long time! So fun to get caught up. LOVE the decoraysh...almost as much as I love that word. You're so talented and a good mama.
XOXO