Saturday, November 7, 2009

Family Picture.

I've had the shirts for our family picture hanging up in my closet for over 3 months, now. I could just never bring myself to actually want to get my picture taken. I've never been one to love the camera, especially after having a baby! It's like my body goes into "what in the crap just happened to me?!" mode for a long time after having a baby. A lot of women can come home from the hospital in their old jeans... I'm lucky if I can fit into my maternity stuff again because I'm so swollen! I can't remember how many times people told me "oh you will love the first week after having the baby because the weight just falls off". Really? Where exactly did it fall off? Because with both of my babies I wasn't able to get ANY weight to budge for a lonnnng time. I am just now starting to kick it into high gear and really try hard. I'm not one where I can go for a walk around my neighborhood and I lose 5 lbs. :) Heck, if I even look at a donut I gain 3 lbs! I just completed my first week without any sugar. My goal was to make it until yesterday and then I could reward myself. I did, and now my goal is to make it 2 weeks without sugar and then I can reward myself (within reason... I let myself have 1 cookie yesterday and 1 today). On top of no sugar I follow weight watchers loosely, and am starting back up on P90X. On days that are nice outside I'm going to go run... I gotta get back in shape for my sister getaway in May (we run a 5k together). Oh... so what was I talking about? Right, my family picture. (Can you tell how self conscious I am right now?)

I finally said stuff it, let's do it now while Collin will still fit into his shirt (barely) and the weather is somewhat warm! It's not about how I look and feel, it's all about the kids, right? :) So we got everyone ready, loaded up our camera and tripod and set up camp in a park across the street from the temple. We set the tripod on top of a picnic table. :) I was surprised that we were able to get a halfway decent one all by ourselves!! There was no way we could get Collin to look at the camera with nobody behind it and with leaves all around! But we said good enough, so here is what y'all are getting on your Christmas card.


6 comments:

Marcy said...

I LOVE this and love it even more knowing that you did it yourself! I'm totally impressed. You're family is so beautiful and YOU included you silly girl. You look fabulous! If I ever get up to UT and we get a chance to get together I'm having you style my hair like yours...and I'm not joking. You're way too cute and your family & kiddos are too!

The Bowldens said...

you have such a beautiful family!

Bre said...

I think the picture is beautiful and so are you!! Super cute, especially done by yourself!

Camille Kinghorn said...

DaNae you are so cute!! You have such a cute family. It is really weird that you have 2 kids. I love your family picture!

Shalean said...

Wow! Where have I been? I just got caught up on your blog and love all of the stories! Love the traitor kitty!! Your picture is so dang cute too!

cecily said...

DaNae.... where did our cheerleading bodies go? haha. We sure love these babies, but DANG, couldn't the pounds come out when they do? I think you have adorable kids, and I am glad you got a Christmas card picture. I am fighting the same battle, so I feel ya. Let me know how you like P90X.