Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween: part 2

Let's get down to the nitty gritty... have you ever seen Nacho Libre? Well, if you haven't, you're missing out.

So, I had big plans and expectations for my Halloween decorations this year. I was off to a good start (meaning EARLY) but I got burnt out really quick. We had a lot of stressful things going on and I felt like I couldn't handle anymore and so what I already had up would do. I actually had 2 big tubs that I didn't get any decorations out of, but believe me, next year we're adding more and it will be more fun! I think I'm going to focus a bit more on the outside next year.

Anywho, mostly this is for me, because I really am a creature of habit and will look back on these posts when it's time to redecorate to see what I did before! :)

This was so much fun to decorate this year, I didn't have this buffet last Halloween! It was the first thing people would notice...
Besides this. Another new addition. A spider web made of yarn! Super easy to make, just have to have a very patient husband to help hang it up and get it to look just right. ;) This is a pretty bad picture, but this is coming in from my front door.
Then you look to the left and on my bookshelf is this:
 My kitchen:
The pumpkin tree, it did light up but the lights are out now.
The BOO pillow that I love!
And I am just now realizing I didn't take a picture of my decked out banister. Oh well, it looks the same as last year. (See? Creature of habit.)


I am so kicking myself I didn't take a picture of our window right when we did it. It was AWESOME, but unfortunately we got hit with some craaazy rain and wind, so it kind of messed it up. Oh well, you can get the jist! Randy did the window while I put up the lights. Another new addition this year was our orange flood lights and purple lamp lights. It looked RAD. In this picture you can barely see them, but believe me, they were pretty cool. 

This is my favorite thing to put up. :D
I know this is a repeat picture from my other post, but you can see my broom that says "The witch is in", the wreath on my door, and can kind of tell how our porched look. We had a fogger going and a strobe light so it was REALLY cool and freaked a lot of kids out.
Oh, I found another picture that's a little better. 
And here is Macey's haven downstairs. She is wayyy into decorations, so I made her a Halloween corner downstairs. She got to decorate that little tree to her heart's content and even had an orange lightbulb to really get into the Halloween spirit!

So, there is my pride and joy. I can't believe I got burnt out on decorating! That never happens. Stress will do that to you (I'll have to post another time about what's been keeping us so busy). Believe me, next year won't disappoint! We are already coming up with things we can do outside. We still have to keep it kid friendly cause we have quite the little spooks for kids, but it will still be awesome! And yes, if you're wondering, I have officially been dubbed "The Halloween Lady" in my neighborhood. :P


1 comment:

The Bowldens said...

you always decorate so cute!