Sunday, March 13, 2011

Grandpa Larry's 75th birthday.

On February 20th Randy's dad turned 75. That was the same weekend I was in Logan for my sisters' getaway, so we had planned on Randy coming up after work on Friday and we would celebrate with them. Well, they took it a step (or 20) further and rented a "cabin" in Bear Lake for the family to enjoy for the weekend. I say "cabin" because it was really the nicest house I've ever been in. We all had our own HUGE rooms with flat screen tv's mounted in the wall and our own very nice private bath. It was amazing!!

Anyway, if you haven't noticed by now, birthdays are kind of my thing. I love to make the person feel special and loved on their big day. And 75, that's a huge milestone! I decided to do something big for Larry. He is such a softy and sweetheart, he is so sentimental and I love it. So I came up with the idea of doing "75 things we love about you" and getting 4-5 reasons from each person in the family about why we love Larry! I typed them up all nice and printed each reason with a number on it on a 3x5 card and then bound them with rings so he could flip them. It turned out so great, I'm so mad I didn't get a picture of it! Because SERIOUSLY, I will never do it again. ; ) My world was turned upside down while I was trying to get that project done, focus on school, pack for my sisters getaway, and take care of the kids and house. Good grief. I think I put in about 20 hours to make it. Larry, if you're reading... it was worth it. :D I knew Bonnie had the cake covered, but I decided to get some party accessories too. I just got the birthday blower things and some balloons. Y'know, stuff you hate at parties when you're old and hate noise. ; ) Oh yeah and I bought him a birthday hat. He wore it all night. Such a good sport, he is.

It was a nice relaxing weekend where we played lots of NERTZ- a family favorite, Phase 10, and dominoes. After we had cake and ice cream Larry talked to us about his memories. It was so cool watching the grandkids just drink it all in. I was, too. He has lived such an interesting life and is one of the best men I know! We love you Grandpa Larry!

Faces have been smudged to protect the innocent. ;) Mariah may or may not have threatened me with my life if I posted this picture of her! She was pulling a funny face. :) Let the record show the Dr. Pepper's in the room. We like to stay up LATE and play.

Beautiful living room!

Macey all ready to go sledding!

My favorite picture of Larry ever. This is so him. Such the entertainer!

He was supposed to blow out his candles but instead put a balloon on top of the fire and it burst the balloon and blew the candles out for him! It was hilarious.

Playin' some games.

1 comment:

SladeMomma said...

I so agree about everything wonderful that Larry is. And that weekend looks like SO much fun. I want a cabin party.