Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sisters' getaway.

I've always had a good relationship with my sisters. I think we've always been close and have had functional relationships. But over the past few years our relationships have grown. We've needed each other. It's hard to describe, and really, not something you can describe. My sisters have helped fill an incredible void I've felt in my life since my Mom passed away. There is no replacing her, but my sisters have helped me cope. I think I have leaned on them more than I've realized because I find myself yearning for this weekend. I just need it. Not even for the getaway, just to be around them. They know exactly what I am feeling. They feel it, too. We grieve the same. None of us live close so we never get the opportunity to just hang out whenever we want. So, we make it happen, once a year.

This year we heard Brian Regan -our favorite comedian ever- was coming to Logan so we decided to hit him up! Seriously, if you've never heard of him, google him. Watch and listen. You can thank me later. ; ) I'm not usually a big fan of comedians, they're either dirty or just stupid, so when my brother introduced me to that which is Brian Regan I was skeptical to say the least. It took about 30 seconds for me to be rolling on the floor in laughter, watching one of his dvd's. He is always hilarious, his jokes don't miss.

I was lucky that he was coming to Logan because that just so happens to be where my in-laws live! They make the perfect babysitters! : ) They were good sports and let me dump the kids off on them so Randy didn't have to take any work off.

So I dropped the kids off and my sisters came and picked me up. We had booked the new Marriott in town (for $45 a night! Priceline, people!) so we went to check in, got changed, and went to a temple session together. That was the first time we've all been in a session together since I received my endowments over 6 years ago. I won't lie, it was more emotional than I thought it would be- looking down the row at us in white. I teared up right away, it was so special being there with them. That is a tradition I would love to carry on with our sister getaways.

In front of the Logan temple.
After the temple we went and ate at the Coppermill, where I'm pretty sure our waiter just told the back to keep on cookin' them rolls.... this table'll eat 'em all up! : ) It hit the spot(s), to say the least. All on my gut. That night we went and soaked in the hot tub. Ahhhhh, it was so nice.

The next day was spent shopping. All. Day. Long. My feet were on fire! Us Judy girls don't mess around. We ate lunch at my favorite, The Old Grist Mill and sat in our booth for like 2 hours gabbing and laughing away. We knew it was time to go when the old man in the next booth over started turning sideways and was acting really interested in our conversation. Sorry dude, this is girl talk. ; ) Then came more shopping and unstoppable laughing. We ate dinner at Cafe Rio and then headed back to the hotel to get all gussied up for Brian Regan. His show didn't start until 10:30 pm! That is LATE for us old farts! I didn't know how I was going to stay up. Dr. Pepper, of course, came to the rescue.

FINALLY it was time to head over to the show. We parked in the back of the building and about died when we saw Brian Regan's BUS parked right there... and it was RUNNING! We just had to take a picture in front of it! I'm not kidding, this picture is blurry because right as Natalie clicked the picture the DOOR OPENED on the bus! You should have seen Nat's face. She was ghost white, mouth open, silver dollar sized eyes, frozen. .... and then walks out Brian Regan's bus driver, chuckling at us. HAHA. That was a dirty trick! I thought we were going to get to meet him! The show did not disappoint. He was hilarious, as always. I loved his new material!
Brian Regan's bus and "concert sign" (inside joke)
YAY-YUH!  
He looked sharp!

The next morning we parted ways. There was a storm coming so everyone wanted to get an early start on it. To say it was fun was an understatement. It was just something I needed, and it did not disappoint! My sister's teenaged daughter told her that when we get together we act like teenagers. HAHA. Kayla, you have no idea. ; )


2 comments:

Shalean said...

How did I miss this post? Makes me laugh every time I think about that trip! We know how to have a blast wherever we go! Wished we could do it more!

LaFam said...

Do we really have to wait another year? Maybe we should make this a semi-annual tradition. So much fun!
Love ya DaNae!