Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Everyone was Kung Fu fighting..

So, our new favorite family friendly fun activity is going to the drive in theater. Oh yes... the drive in theater... Randy and I have many a memory from our group dating era at the drive in. But these days, it is with a 2 year old wedged in between us with a bag full of popcorn. :) Macey sat through 2 whole movies, and was loving every second! First we watched the new Indiana Jones, and last night we watched Kung Fu Panda. Both were a delight. What makes a movie even more delightful is cotton candy... and popcorn... and soda... and a candybar. Mmmm. Now do you see why Macey sat so still? Ha! She was in hog heaven! Anyway, Indy was a little "out there" towards the end, but still... it is a must-see in the theater (yes, even an outdoor one). Kung Fu Panda was so cute. I have been singing the theme to it all day and Macey walks around saying "Pung Foo Bear" when she hears me.

I am just so excited we can actually watch movies now, the ones that haven't left the theater, even! That is unheard of for us. Next up is Ironman, I hear that one is terrific.

Anyway, here's a couple of attempts at a family photo op. It's kind of hard when you're scrunched in the back of a SUV sitting on a blown up air mattress and a gazillion blankets, trying not to spill your soda!

Wow, not even close!

Better... if it weren't for Randy's creepy face that he's making. And Macey really doesn't have a black eye... she was just having fun dabbling in some of momma's make up earlier that day.


This one's my favorite. I was having a heck of a time getting the darn camera to even take a picture cause it was so dark. This one caught me mid-yawn, I saw the button flashing and I tried to make a smile out of it!

Ahhh! Oh, no, that's just Macey... thinking she is so funny. (See how she puts her hand over her mouth when she is being sneaky?)

4 comments:

Cami said...

Looks like tons of fun! I love drive in's!

But...where is the drive in? I thought the one between Provo and Springville was closed. I don't think Rob has ever been to a drive in. There was one in Indiana that we went to all the time in high school. Lots of memories there...

DaNae said...

It's in Salt Lake, like 38th South on Redwood Road. I don't know why they don't have one in Provo... it would kill here!! Yeah, you guys should totally go in that pimp'd auto of yours... oh my, your girls would love it!

Lyns said...

HEY!! You were up here and didn't stop to say HI?? I'm so offended!! LOL!!

And you MUST see Iron Man--I have the FATTEST crush on Robert Downey jr again. *le sigh* He's back on my list!! LOL!!

Cami said...

DaNae, maybe we should open one! You'd think it would do really well with all the college kids and families around...