So we've been camping this summer.... twice in the last 2 weeks. The first time was... interesting (we sold our trailer
and so now we tent it, and don't remind me of the booger fiasco), we ended up going home the first night because Macey & I were so cold. We did stick it through the second night, though. When I told Randy it was time to go home (at midnight. up in the canyon) he looked at me in disbelief and asked "What happened to the Idaho girl I married?" Ha! I looked at him and said "You see hon, it's just that this Idaho girl is so specialized in camping... that she knows when to call it quits." It was FREEZING! So the next morning before we went back up to investigate if any bears had had their way with my s'mores, we went and bought a queen sized sleeping bag. **HEAVEN**! It made all the difference. If I can't have my trailer, by golly I WILL have a ginormous sleeping bag and a blow up air mattress.
View of Clifford's Mountain from the road
Anyway, since we had such a good time, we decided to go up to Idaho to camp with my family this last weekend... we celebrated my brother's 27th birthday at Clifford's Mountain. Clifford's Mountain is a piece of property that my Grandpa (Clifford) bought for the family to enjoy when my dad was just little. It's beautiful, totally my home away from home. Growing up we would go up and escape to Clifford's Mountain as much as we could... we have the 4-wheeler trails memorized, all the other mountains surrounding it named, and know exactly where to go to catch frogs. It's got it all... from cliffs to repel from to an awesome swimming hole (with a rock jutted out to dive from even), to spring water.... I tell you what, if there is ever a catastrophe (like when Obama or McCain gets elected... is there a better choice? Really?), you can find me at Clifford's Mountain... hiding. I told my Dad that we could easily start a commune up there and thrive.. he thought that was pretty funny, and I laughed along with him.. while my eyes darted back and forth on the property to see where would be the best place for a 3 acre garden that couldn't be seen from the road.
Ah, good times.
I'm still not able to laugh at this picture... we had just gotten back from a (dusty) 4-wheeler ride and Randy told me to make my Napoleon Dynamite face-- only to eager to get a laugh from my nieces and nephews, I did. (I didn't know they were already laughing at me.) Ah, now I see why they were laughing so hard when he took the picture. AHAHAHA. UNIBROW! :( Or should I type |:(
2 comments:
Fun, we will be camping in August.
HAHA! Love the pic! :D Glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment