Last weekend we went to Randy's niece's baptism. Libby and Macey are very close, so Macey was super excited to see Libs get bap-ti-tized. Even though she had no idea what that meant. On the way to Bountiful that morning Randy and I tried to explain to Macey what was going to happen to Libby and how special it is. I knew we didn't get through to her newly 4 year old brain, but we tried.
While we were in the chapel waiting to go to the baptism font there was a talk about the Holy Ghost and how each child getting baptized that day would receive it. Macey stood up on the pew, put her arm around my neck and whispered in my ear, "it's ok Mommy. It's not a bad Ghost. It's a Jesus Ghost."
Maybe she understood more than I gave her credit for. Either way, it was pretty hard to stifle my laughter.
2 comments:
Macey is a riot! I bet you could write something everyday that she has said.
Smarty pants for figuring out that He is a Jesus Ghost! I love that and would love to get inside her head and see the many imaginations she has! It would be so entertaining!
Post a Comment