I forgot to journal this yesterday and it's definitely something I don't want to forget, so it gets a new post.
Yesterday, before Macey's party I decided I would finish up her cake while Collin napped. I was standing in the kitchen engrossed in my work while Macey watched from the bar stool in a silent awe. As usual, my mind was racing a million miles an hour:
If you look at it from this angle, it actually looks straight.
How do you get frosting to look smooth?
That tutorial makes me mad. My cake doesn't look like hers at all!
What is this... quiet?
Maybe I should turn on the radio.
It was then that I got a very distinct feeling that my Mom and Lori were there with me. It was very unexpected, but the feeling was so overwhelming. I started to tear up and looked over at Macey. She was in her own little world, very quiet... that never happens (especially when there's cake in front of her face). I wondered if maybe she was feeling something, too.
They don't forget. I didn't realize how much my mom and sister are still very much involved in our lives, even on the other side. It made me cry that they probably just wanted to drop in and see their granddaughter and niece on her birthday. And see her momma cry like a baby. :)
3 comments:
I love that. Happy Birthday Macey!
Aw, that is so neat. It is during those quiet times isn't it. I don't have many of those:) I hope macey had a fab birthday. Happy Birthday Macey!
I love those moments and wish they happened more! Sometimes I wonder if they want to visit more but find it hard when we are so engrosed in our lives and don't have those "quiet" moments. Thanks for reminding me that I need more of those "quiet" times in my day so I can be taught or just loved:)
Post a Comment